The Best Mother’s Day Bouquets for the Mum in Your Life
Mother’s Day is coming up, and it’s time to celebrate all the women out there who make our lives possible. Not just in the most obvious biological sense (although, thanks, Mum!). We also laud these women for the sacrifices made, the late nights, the long hugs, and all they still do for us today.
It’s not just mothers, either. Grandmothers, great-grandmothers, aunts, or even teachers who have played a motherly role all deserve recognition as well. What better way to show them you care than with a lovely bouquet?
Easier said than done, of course. Questions abound:
- What flowers should you choose?
- How big should the bouquet be?
- Which are the best-premade options?
- And what should you include with it?
The Best Flowers for Mother’s Day
It’s tempting to say that any flower is a good choice, and unless your mum has a terrible allergy to a particular species, this is largely true. Your creativity might be a bit constrained by the season and the area in which you live, but even in chilly England, hothouses abound that supply us with most of the common florist selections. If your mother has a specific flower she truly loves, that’s probably your best bet.
Not sure about the right bloom? Opt for common springtime choices, such as:
- Roses, the traditional love language of flowers, especially less-romantic colors such as salmon, pink and yellow
- Carnations, always a beautiful and cost-effective choice for a bouquet
- Peonies, fluffy and gorgeous and perfect when spring is in the air
- Lilies, with their striking trumpet shape and bright colors
- Gerbera daisies, the ideal sunny bloom to brighten up any mum’s home
- Tulips, another common springtime flower that brings the outdoors in
… and so many more. Even better are bouquets that combine many of the most beautiful spring blossoms with traditional florist greenery for a stunning bouquet.
You want to make Mum feel special, but you don’t want to break the bank. If you have siblings going in on the floral arrangement, or if Dad is throwing down, you can feel free to spend a bit more.
On the other hand, if it’s just you, cut yourself a break: she knows you love her. Buy a smaller size and save that extra money on train fare to see her, on being able to afford to take her out to a nice restaurant or some of the add-ons below.
Size-wise, most flower shops offer three sizes: small, medium, and large. A small makes a nice accent for a side table or a kitchen bar, while a medium looks well displayed in a hall or on a coffee table. Large floral arrangements look lovely gracing the dining room table or proudly displayed on a buffet. The best guide to your mum or stand-in mum’s preferences is knowing where she usually displays her flowers and what will fit best there.
Our Favorite Bouquets for Mums Everywhere
Don’t feel like putting in that much effort, but don’t want your laziness to show? We can all relate, so select a bouquet specially formulated for this special day. Here are some of our favorite choices:
- Sweetest Mother: A gorgeous arrangement of multicolored roses artfully arranged in a vase, this beautiful display is ideal for any mother figure, and it can be dried later by hanging the roses upside down.
- Perfect Bliss: Combine Gerbera daisies, roses, carnations, and other multicolored species in this globe-shaped bouquet.
- Country Basket: As the name implies, the Country Basket is a collection of charming bedding plants and floral species arranged in a white wicker number for that ideal pastoral effect.
- Just for You: White, yellow, and pale orange peonies, lilies, and others spill from this floral number, beautiful enough for even the stateliest house.
- Lilly Arrangement: Have a lily lover? These elegant blooms were beloved to humans as far back as the Minoans of Crete, nearly 4,000 years ago. Not much has changed, and this remains one of our most popular bouquets today.
- Roses in a Cube: What more needs to be said? Roses in a clear glass cube offer a stunning visual effect, with a decorative red and yellow bottom to show them off well.
Of course, you needn’t confine your bouquet selection specifically to Mother’s Day bouquets. If you know your mother has a soft spot for a special kind of flower, then get her a premade bouquet that features it. Alternatively, you can call up your florist and have them help you make a custom one. Now for the icing on the cake …
Nothing makes a floral arrangement shine like a little extra gift on the side. Fruit baskets, potted plants, and vases she’ll use forever are all amazing choices. You can also consider:
Yes, that’s right. We used an exclamation point because we just love cake. If this year’s Mother’s Day celebration includes a party, then you can’t go wrong with bringing a beautiful, iced addition to the festivities.
Whatever you decide to get for Mum, we would love to help you out. Please feel free to contact us today or pick up the phone and place your order. Don’t wait to make her feel special!