What Should I Use in Centerpieces and Floral Arrangements for Fall?
- Twigs have become increasingly popular for fall and winter weddings because they’re perfect for those on a budget, are unique and inventive.
- Instead of paying exorbitant amounts of money on fresh flowers, many have chosen to use sticks to build arbors and arches. Some even use tree limbs to make a bold statement at fall and winter-themed weddings and events.
- Even desserts are embellished with rustic-looking twigs and berries. Take a cue from Martha Stewart Weddings for tips on cake décor.
- Branches can be used for more than just bouquets; they really make a statement as an addition to centerpieces or as a wall hanging.
Exactly What Kind of Branches, Twigs and Berries Are We Talking About?
- Curly Willow Branches: There’s nothing more whimsical or ornate than winding branches in a wreath, centerpiece, or bouquet.
- Pussy Willow: On their own, these make sublime centerpieces as they are tall, sturdy, and unique. They are also attractive additions to any décor year-round as they are both elegant and rustic simultaneously.
- Holly Berries: Perfect for Christmas!
- Fresh Olive Branches: Freshly-cut, dried, or artificial olive branches serve as a symbol of forgiveness. They also add a Mediterranean feel to any occasion and are a wonderful source of ostentatious greenery.
- Purple Callicarpa: Also known as “Early Amethyst,” these shrubs produce berry-covered branches and are appropriate for decorating year-round. With their bright purple hue, the clumps of berries are pleasing to the eye and last through October.
- Agonis Branches: Native to Western Australia, these are perfect—fresh or dried—as an addition to any bouquet or floral arrangement as the branches add height and lots of dimensions.
- Red Ilex Berry Branches: Also known as “winterberry” branches, these are beautiful enough to stand alone in a bouquet or as an accent.
- Cotton Branches: With their fluffy white blossom, these stalks (fresh or artificial) make a statement.
- Viburnum Berries: These come in a wide variety of colors (depending on how ripe they are), while the cranberry bush produces eye-catching red berries.
- Yellow Forsythia: Most people associate forsythia with the beginning of spring, but artificial stems have become increasingly popular and are attractive year-round.
- Ninebark Branches: When not in bloom, Ninebark bushes have beautiful crimson-colored leaves that are perfect for a rustic-themed event.
- Pumpkin Trees: This plant produces fruits that resemble tiny pumpkins and are perfect for fall.
What Does Chelsea Flowers Have to Offer?
- Chelsea Flowers has some of the most beautiful arrangements out there when it comes to incorporating berries, twigs, and even thistle.
- The Cheering bouquet is one of the most beautiful floral arrangements imaginable for this time of year: with yellow roses, orange gerbera, and red Hypericum berries, the bright colors flow together wonderfully to create a cheerful ambiance.
- The Cabin Fever arrangement is comprised of rose, Hypericum berries, and thistle.
- Frosty Fun is the perfect winter-themed floral arrangement as it’s filled with vivid red roses, berries and pine.
For more information regarding Chelsea Flowers and their gorgeous floral arrangements for every occasion, consult these websites:
To learn more about the flowers, twigs, branches and berries discussed in this blog, visit the websites listed below:
#chelseaflowers_london #chelseaflowers #flowers #OnTheBlog #autumnandwinterbouquets #floralarrangements #twigsandberries