(“Love and Romance” at Chelsea Flowers)
Roses on Valentine’s Day
“What a lovely thing a rose is!”
(–Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes, “The Adventure of the Naval Treaty,” 1893)
There’s nothing more elegant or romantic than roses, especially on Valentine’s Day. If you’re looking to treat the one you love but are unsure of a gift, anything from the “Love Is In the Air…” selection at Chelsea Flowers will leave you smelling like, well, a rose!
When we think of good times as well as the past, we sometimes think of the phrase “The Days of Wine and Roses” from Edward Dowson’s 1896 poem “They Are Not Long.” Roses will always have classically beautiful connotations; that’s why they make the perfect present!
If you’re looking for something classic that looks as if it were flown in by Cupid with his arrow and bow, look no further than Chelsea Flowers’ grand selection of red roses.
(Chelsea Flowers’ Red Roses)
- The selections of Red Roses at Chelsea Flowers are many (including long-stemmed or standard) and are completely crimson and lush. Bouquets range in size from Standard to Grand and then to Majestic for the extra lavish and romantic customer.(A Single Rose, Chelsea Flowers)
- A single rose of any color is a lovely, understated gesture. There are different implications depending on the hue you choose. For instance: a yellow rose symbolizes friendship while a single white rose may represent purity or remembrance. Of course, a single red rose is the perfect dreamy gesture as it symbolizes passion and romantic love.(Pink Roses, Chelsea Flowers)
- If you’re in the mood for something a bit more modern, playful or girlish, Pink Roses are a wonderful idea and make for a gorgeous gift. There’s nothing more refreshing than a bunch of blushing pink blossoms.
“A rose by any other name would smell as sweet” –William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet (1595)
(“Rose Extravaganza,” Chelsea Flowers)
- Rose Extravaganza: A bouquet of mixed roses is something for everyone—why, if you find it difficult deciding on a color, why not choose them all?
- Roses in a Cube: This chic and ultra-modern take on roses is the perfect gift for the extra special person in your life. If your significant other veers away from the traditional and is hoping for something unique this Valentine’s Day, look no further! Chelsea Flowers has got you covered with its roses displayed in a clear cube. With possibilities of red, pink, white, and yellow roses—and a variety of sizing options—this one-of-a-kind floral arrangement is truly a work of art.
“But the rose leaves herself upon the brier, for winds to kiss and grateful bees to feed.” –John Keats
(“Thoughts and Colours,” Chelsea Flowers)
- Thoughts and Colours: For a colorful bouquet filled with mixed roses, santini, and tulips, Chelsea Flowers offers this beautiful option. (“Pink and Purple” arrangement, Chelsea Flowers)
- Pink and Purple: This fanciful bouquet is filled with a mix of flowers (including sweet avalanche, garden roses, and hypericum), and the result is an irresistible fusion of pinks and purples. (“Our Choice,” Chelsea Flowers)
- Our Choice: This is probably the most specialized of all the arrangements so far! “Our Choice” is filled with lots of add-ons so that roses don’t take center stage. With calla lilies, ornithogalum, freesia, hypericum, and spray roses, this is a floral display that will suit everyone’s tastes because it has everything!
#chelseaflowers_london #chelseaflowers #flowers #OnTheBlog #valentinesday