Winter Wreath Ideas
There’s nothing more festive than decorating with holiday wreaths. A well-placed wreath is the first thing your guests will notice upon arriving at your front door so make sure it’s a show-stopper! Hanging a colorful wreath on a door is the perfect finishing touch to any well-decorated home and is appropriate year-round (not just for the holidays).
For a traditional Christmas wreath, look no further than the Winter Wonderland arrangement from Chelsea Flowers: it’s a gorgeous mix of fresh green garlands complete with shiny red and gold ornaments, bright red bows, and pinecones. It’s perfect for not only the holidays but the entire winter season. For more information on this beautiful wreath (including size and pricing options), consult Chelsea Flowers.
Another fun and festive idea for wreaths is to go against the grain a bit and choose something unique and unexpected. Instead of green pine and/or fir garlands, one can use something completely different (if you decide to make your own wreath):
Some DIY ideas include:
- Unexpected colors such as white, silver, gold, pink, and/or blue. Red is always a jolly hue to incorporate into holiday decorating but don’t be afraid of hot pinks and sparkling turquoise.
- Unique ornaments: incorporate handmade and/or antique baubles and shiny balls into your DIY wreath. Mercury glass ornaments are always delightful to look at this time of year and can add a new or retro look to your decorating scheme.
- Tinsel is a perfect addition to any wreath (especially if you want to decorate with unconventional colors).
- Toys: old-fashioned wooden toys are wonderful additions to any DIY wreath. They’re fun, whimsical, and inexpensive to collect. One can even repurpose and salvage old, broken bits of toys. Not only does this help to preserve memories of childhood but it is also sustainable and environmentally conscious.
- Bows! Making one’s own bow out of literally any kind of ribbon imaginable is one of the best ways to ensure that your wreath is one-of-a-kind.
- Glitter! One can never have enough sparkle this time of year.
- Fake Snow: Let it snow! Whether it’s real or fake snow, make this Christmas a white one.
- Finally, don’t forget the lights!
More from Chelsea Flowers:
Chelsea Flowers offers wreaths suitable for holidays other than just Christmas: their lush green and white wreath creation filled with “carnations, roses, spray chrysanthemums, snapdragons, spray roses, ruscus and eustoma” (lisianthus) is the perfect, non-traditional floral arrangement for the winter holidays. With fresh spring flowers, this beauty will brighten up any room. For more information on this floral creation, consult Chelsea Flowers.
For more Do It Yourself (DIY) wreath ideas as well as information on purchasing mercury glass ornaments, consult these websites:
#chelseaflowers_london #chelseaflowers #flowers #OnTheBlog #wreathideas #wreaths #diy #freshflowers #winterwreaths #winterseason #celebratewinter